Thursday 14 May 2015

How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies

http://healthyhealthyrecipes.blogspot.com/2015/05/how-to-make-chocolate-chip-cookies.html



Making and decorating cookies is a family tradition of ours during the holidays; mainly Christmas and Easter. For Christmas I usually make chocolate chip, snowballs and sugar cookies that we decorate and Easter usually just sugar cookies. To this day they still enjoy decorating the sugar cookies, even though they aren't little kids anymore. Every year they have produced some pretty darn good ones so the par is set high for the most creative ones, but we will always have some goofy mess up ones that we always end up eating by the end of the night, saving the pretty ones for the family party.

The chocolate chip cookie is my go to cookie. Not only is it simple to make, but it is downright delicious! There is nothing better than a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven in your mouth and washing it down with a nice glass of milk. I use the recipe on the back of the Toll House chocolate chip bag. The only change I make is I swap butter for Crisco and I add 1/2 cup more of flour. I believe that is the key to how awesome the cookies turn out!

Ingredients:

2 ¾ cup of flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup Crisco

¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar

¾ cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

One 12oz. package (2cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, combine Crisco, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract; Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour to mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by level tablespoonful's onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9-12 minutes.

During the process of placing spoonful's of cookie dough on the cookie sheet, my daughter and I enjoy munching on the cookie dough, and then we also eat a few fresh out of the oven. Once they cool, I keep half of the batch out in a container on the counter, and I put the other half in the freezer. For some reason we can't have just one, two or three cookies when we freeze them, they are just that good when they are frozen!

Cookies are a fun, easy thing to bake and it is a great thing to do with your kids. I have such great memories baking and cooking with my mine and it makes them feel  like they were doing something important and it taught them how to cook and bake.


Author: Janet Vair

0 comments:

Post a Comment